|Spare parts (2)|
Velleman Projects Service Forum
Warranty for kits
Ever wondered how good the air quality is in your living room? Or do you need proof of why you fall asleep in a non-ventilated meeting room after 3 hours? Look no further! This DIY experimental kit has all the answers!
The Earth Listener is an Arduino based sensor device that reads multiple environmental values to indicate the air quality. This kit is assembled in 15 minutes and you don't need a soldering iron! Just connect the parts and wires, put everything in the case and connect it to a 5V USB socket. The Mega development board is pre-programmed and shows eCO2, TVOC (particles in the air), barometric pressure, temperature and humidity values onto the TFT touchscreen. To top thing off, the Earth Listener also contains a lightning detection sensor. If lightning (or electronic discharge) is detected, the Earth Listener will give an alarm tone and log how far the lightning is located. Since everything is open source, you can add an additional 6 sensors to the Earth Listener via the sensor shield. Logging is possible via the micro SD card (not included).
*Arduino compatible 3 colour RGB SMD LED module (VMA318) not included. Coming soon!
- measures the environmental values eCO2, TVOC, barometric pressure, temperature and humidity values
- detects lightning or electronic discharge that are up to 40 km away
- shows values on a 2.8-inch color touch screen
- implemented logging function on SD card (SD not included)
- special designed hardware with pre-programmed software for a plug-and-play, ready-to-use experience
- open source and fully Arduino based, easy to expand and modify
- stylish wooden enclosure (VM211) or special edition see-through plexi case (VM211SE)
- development board:
- microcontroller: ATmega2560
- operating voltage: 5 VDC (USB) - power supply not included, 2m USB cable included
- free pins after build: 30 digital / 5 analog
- touch screen:
- TFT resolution: 320 x 240
- TFT colour depth: 262 000 colour
- CCS811 sensor:
- Total Volatile Organic Compound (TVOC) sensing from 0 to 1,187 parts per billion
- eCO2 sensing from 400 to 8,192 parts per million
- I2C compatible interface
- BME280 sensor:
- temp range: -40°C to 85°C
- humidity range: 0-100% RH, =-3% from 20-80%
- pressure range: 30,000 Pa to 110,000 Pa, relative accuracy of 12 Pa, absolute accuracy of 100 Pa
- altitude range: 0 to 9.2 km (30.000 feet), relative accuracy of 1 m (3.3 feet) at sea level, 2 m (6.6) at 9,2 km (30.000 feet)
- I2C compatible interface
- dimensions (when assembled):
- length: 135 mm (5,31 inch)
- width: 41 mm (1,61 inch)
- height: 84 mm (3,31 inch)
- weight: 215 g
- enclosure material:
- laser cut wood (VM211)
- plexi enclosure (VM211SE)
- AS3935 sensor:
- distance estimation to the head of the storm from overhead to 40km in 15 steps
- detects both cloud-to-ground and cloud-to-cloud flashes
- SPI and I2C compatible interface
The Earth Listener needs a burn-in time of 48 hours and at least 20 minutes of logging before the eCO² and TVOC values are stable.
This experimental kit is for indicative purposes only. Values should be interpreted while considering the environmental situation. Keep your living space well ventilated.
Customers who viewed this product also viewed
All registered trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners and are used only for the clarification of the compatibility of our products with the products of the different manufacturers.
Due to constant product improvements the actual product appearance might differ from the shown images. Product images are for illustrative purposes only.