Electricity is in the air! Use this lightning sensor breakout board to be sure!
This breakout board is based on the AMS AS3935 chip and can pick up radio-electrical interferences caused by the generation of electrical arcs that are used for the detection of lightning and its intensity. The necessary connections of the AS3935 chip are accessible through a row of pitch 2.54 mm pads.
In order to use the breakout board as a lightning detector, it needs to be connected to an Arduino compatible development board (not included). The Arduino will analyze the signal supplied by the sensor and process it in order to show the number of electrical discharges that have been detected, and their estimated distance. Therefore, this little board is ideal for weather station projects or smart devices.
- detects both cloud-to-ground and cloud-to-cloud flashes
- estimates distance to lightning strikes in a range of 40km in 14 steps
- embedded 'man made' disturbance rejection algorithm
- SPI or I2C interface
- breakout board is fully calibrated
- mounting holes for 4-40 sized screws
- connections are spaced for 0.1" pin header
- settings for the outdoor (default mode) or the indoor usage
- wide supply voltage range: 2.4V - 5.5V
- max. current: 100 mA
Customers who viewed this product also viewed
All registered trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners and are used only for the clarification of the compatibility of our products with the products of the different manufacturers.
Due to constant product improvements the actual product appearance might differ from the shown images. Product images are for illustrative purposes only.