HPX - STRETCH & FUSE TAPE BLACK 25 mm x 3 m
This is a self-amalgamating, insulating tape material that forms a permanent, waterproof, UV-resistant and airtight seal when cured. This easy-to-use flexible tape stretches around uneven shapes and forms and can be used for automotive, marine, electrical plumbing, sealing, insulating and general purpose applications.
Temperature: between 0 °C and +35 °C. The tape can be applied in wet, non-oily conditions, although dry surfaces conditions are suggested for best performance.
Hold the tape in position and apply a complete wrap back onto itself. This initial wrap secures the tape for additional wraps. Maintain a constant stretch as you continue to wrap, making sure each new layer overlaps half the previous layer. The overlaps will fuse together. The end of the final wrap must be pressed down onto prior wraps, using less stretch.
For pressure applications, stretch to the maximum and apply several tight layers.
The layers begin to vulcanise immediately, forming a permanent, cohesive bond within 24h.
Repositioning is not recommended after 2 minutes of wrapping.
- automotive, marine, electrical plumbing, sealing, insulating and general purpose applications
- water hose and pipe repair, weatherproofing electrical connections, bundling wires, plumbing reparations, etc.
- for making watertight seals
- compatible with a wide range of substrates
- can be used for electrical applications due to its excellent insulation properties
- do not use on gas pipes or connections
- total thickness: 0.5 mm
- tensile strength: 4.82 MPa
- elongation: 300 %
- volume resistivity: 3 x 1014 ohm•cm
- dielectric strength: 16 kV/mm
- service temperature range: -45 °C to +200 °C
- short term service temperature range: -65 °C to +260 °C
- moisture, UV, ozone resistance: excellent
- flame and solvent resistance: good
- acid, oil, and hydrocarbon resistance: good-fair
All registered trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners and are used only for the clarification of the compatibility of our products with the products of the different manufacturers.
Due to constant product improvements the actual product appearance might differ from the shown images. Product images are for illustrative purposes only.